Updates on bus schedule and rates are posted on this tag: Ceres bus updates (http://www.happysteps.net/tag/ceres-bus-updates/)
Due to insistent public demand *wink*, here are the rates and schedule for Ceres buses from Bacolod to Cebu and Cebu to Bacolod as of January 17, 2009:
Bacolod to Cebu:
Route 1: Bacolod to Cebu (Toledo port) via Don Salvador Benedicto
Cebu to Bacolod
4:20 AM (approximate time)
4:40 AM (approximate time)
Important notes (MUST READ!)
1. For Route 1, Bacolod to Cebu via Don Salvador Benedicto, the schedule is sometimes not available especially during bad weather conditions since this route passes through the highly elevated town of Don Salvador Benedicto, situated between the mountains Mt. Mandalagan and Mt. Kanlaon. The 8:00 AM trip (Route 2 – Bacolod to Cebu via Escalante) is always available though.
2. The bus schedule and rates are subject to change anytime by the Ceres management due to weather and other travel conditions. The best way is to confirm ahead by dropping at their office at the Ceres bus terminal.
3. You still have to include budget (about Php200-300) for the barge or inter-island vessel where the buses are loaded during the travel between Cebu and Negros islands. There’s also a small terminal fee at the port of departure i.e. Tabuelan port in Cebu and Escalante port in Negros.
Here are some travel tips
1. Take the trip via Don Salvador Benedicto (Route 1). Aside from the shorter travel time and lower cost than the other route, you’ll enjoy the cool weather (similar to Baguio) as the bus passes by pine trees and breathtaking views of the countryside and the mountains.
2. If you do plan on taking Route 1 be sure to confirm the availability of the trip at the Ceres bus terminal the day before. Otherwise, you’ll go there early and end up waiting for the next trip at 8:00 AM.
3. Before the trip, take pills such as Bonamine (Meclizine) to avoid motion sickness (nausea or vomiting during trips) since you will be passing by some winding roads.
4. Be at the bus terminal at least an hour earlier than the scheduled departure as there are no seat reservations. You also avoid the rush and can choose where to seat in the bus.
Quick and Easy Search for BACOLOD and CEBU Hotels
Visiting Bacolod, the City of Smiles, and Cebu, the Queen City of the South? Pay less for your hotel room and spend your savings on local delicacies, souvenir shirts and pasalubongs from both cities such as Bacolod’s piaya and chicken inasal, and Cebu’s famous lechon and dried mangoes.
Grab the best hotel deals in Bacolod and Cebu using the easy-to-use search tool below.
Just input your check-in and check-out dates, the number of guests and rooms you need and click Search, and you will be instantly taken to a page of listed Bacolod hotels (Luxur Place, L Fisher Hotel, Palmas Del Mar Resort, Mo2 Westown Hotel, etc.) and Cebu hotels (Marco Polo Plaza, Marriott, Waterfront, Crown Regency Hotel & Towers, etc.). You can also sort results by name, popularity, stars, price and distance from the city center. Have fun!